Monday 25 December 2017

Thankful

An hour before I started to write this, it rained. We are officially now declared a drought area. We have had no rain other than a few early morning mists for nearly 8 weeks. The situation for farmers has been so desperate there have been suicides. Tragic and terrible.

So I'm here to state publicly how thankful I am. Today we have shared our Christmas lunch with friends, and we are very thankful for them. I have had a much better year health wise. I actually survived a trip to the UK without being sick and coped for two weeks on my own on my return whilst my husband visited relatives in the N. Hemisphere.

I still have work, and we have a wonderful home and the amusement of 3 cats (ours) and 19 chickens (not ours, but they think they are). I've taken hundreds of photos, written thousands of emails. I have had some sad milestones; two of my mother's siblings have passed away, an uncle and an aunt (both in their nineties) and my Dad's oldest friend. But there were lovely milestones too; one of my God-daughters became engaged, the other is due to give birth to her first child in two days. Also a friend has moved to NZ from the US, so it will be easier to see her.

So I am thankful and signing off for 2017.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was really inspirational! Here's wishing you a rainier future, and a very happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Toby for all your comment in 2017 on the blog. They encourage me to continue. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete