Sunday 20 August 2017

Shaking a tail feather

I do far too much sitting around - whether at work in an office, reading, sewing or typing at the computer. Today, I had to get the muscles moving so went for a perambulation in the 'hood. It is amazing how many neighbours I met, either running or taking dogs for walks.

Just a few photos from the stroll and Mademoiselle Plume when I got home. She is rather a pretty creature. I do enjoy her gentle murmuring to the other hens. Not so much Reg the Rooster who has finally found his crowing register and practices at all opportunities. He started off with the sound of an old Austin 7 engine being cranked with a handle. This was alarming and very funny at the same time. I did wonder if I needed to buy him some cough drops. Now he is in fine fettle and proudly screeches to his girls. This has had an alarming effect on the cats who occasionally have been dozing on the verandah when he has strolled right underneath them and let rip.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you found a chance to get out and enjoy your amazing neighborhood! I have no idea what that plant is in your first two photos, but it is breathtaking - thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete