Sunday 20 April 2014

Trinity Rose Garden

Our local area is not only known for its vegetable and fruit growing ability, but also a number of flower growers. Mostly there are roses, lilies and sunflowers. A well known garden also hosts an Arts and Crafts exhibition / sale over the Easter weekend. We were amongst the first visitors on Friday morning, as it was going to be a hot day. I have become more lettuce like as I have got older and wilt very quickly under the hot Horowhenua glare. We were pleased to have had the garden almost to ourselves for the first half an hour, and this also meant that we were tempted to buy a garden ornament or two from the very talented potters in our area.
Yesterday, I took two English friends with me for a second look. One is the local vicar's wife, the other a friend from our days in Wellington, and also my namesake. I was known as Tall Orange Jane, and she dubbed herself Short Grey Jane. It is how we sign our emails to each other even now. So here is a bit of a stroll around Trinity Rose Garden, Otaki on Easter weekend.
That's me in the white jacket, carving Oamaru stone at one of the workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment